So it was Christmas recently and I bought a box of mangoes ready to take to my family. I messaged my uncle in our family whatsapp group and he said that he also had a lot of mangoes.
Then I thought, ehh.. I’ll just make mango pudding instead! So, as I raided google, this was the best mango recipe that I found that was easy to make with simple ingredients. I took this recipe from A Kitchen Cat
- 1 cup hot water
- 1½ tbsp powdered gelatine
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1½ cups mango puree – fresh (I used a food processor and sieve to puree)
- extra evaporated milk for topping
- Put the hot water into a bowl and sprinkle with gelatine powder. Give the mixture a quick stir to separate the gelatine powder and leave to stand for three minutes to dissolve.
- Add sugar and stir again – do not whisk or the mixture will get frothy and the small air bubbles will ruin the texture of the finished product.
- Next, add the evaporated milk and stir to combine, then add the mango puree and mix.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into one large mould or a few small ones (I used those disposable sauce boxes)
- Add in small cubes of mango for added mango flavour
- Unmould by running a knife around the bottom edge and flipping onto a plate, or heating the mould briefly – either by submerging in hot water for 20 seconds or heating the mould with a blowtorch – or eat straight from the boxes as I did.
- Serve topped with additional evaporated milk.
This recipe turned out so creamy and the mango was so sweet. I didn’t take a photo of the final product unfortunately because I was in a rush to get this all done. It was able to set in 2 – 3 hours in the fridge – no dramas at all. Definitely a quick and easy recipe to whip up if you’re needing to make something that tastes great!
It was a great dessert! Yum! Try it out!